Pages

Friday, June 17, 2016

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes

Alrighty, y'all, I'm just saying this now, I'm pretty sure Hollander is the man of my dreams! *sigh* I die to death! (In a good way!) He took me on a date last night because he's headed to his parent's house for Father's Day today and I swanee! I swoon whenever I see him! I have a hard time breathing sometimes! I just, I can't even! And I know this all sounds familiar, but it's the truth!!

The date. Let me just say that he is more like a dream than reality. I sometimes pinch myself to make sure I'm awake! He came over to pick me up and instead of heading to his car he took my hand and we went for a walk. I was a little surprised, especially since I was wearing ballet flats, not walking shoes. And I was wearing this gorgeous white dress with this blue printed floral design on the edges. It kind of reminded me of the Dutch Delft blue pottery, only in my gorgeous spring dress that I found on sale the other day and nearly died and HAD to buy it. But that's neither here nor there, and it definitely has nothing to do with the actual date.

So, we're walking away from my apartment building and we're about a block away when he turns down another street. I look back at my apartment, confused.

"It's just a little further" He tells me and tugs gently at my hand, so I keep going. I have walked all over Provo, and I had never noticed the small park two blocks from my apartment! But Hollander did! And he had this beautiful picnic all set up! We sat on this gorgeous hand quilted blanket that looked like it had been passed down from generation to generation since about the pioneers. It was worn, but sturdy. The colors had long since faded, but I knew it had been loved. And I couldn't help wondering how long Hollander had kept this blanket, and why we were sitting on it. But, we sat down and he had made a simple picnic of sandwiches and chips and fruit and capri sun drinks! And fruit snacks! I felt like a kid again! And then after we ate we ran over to the swing set and he pushed me so I could go so high! We were laughing so hard, guys. I LOVED every minute of it! I can't even. He's just so perfect.

And then, after the swinging, we just sat there and talked. He's the oldest of five kids. He's from Park City. When he was a kid he wanted to be a fire fighter, and then a quarterback for the Denver Broncos, and now he's going to be an accountant. There is a sincerity in his eyes that I can't get past. I love it. I love him, but not like LOVE love him....YET. *sigh*

And when he walked me home, we stood outside my apartment door on the third floor and continued talking for a while longer and just before he said goodbye, he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and then HE KISSED ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't even explain how amazing it was! It was just a simple but beautiful kiss and I loved it! I don't think I've ever been kissed like that, y'all. It was magical! Like, life altering magical!

And, we're going out again on Tuesday. I can't even wait!! I'll keep you posted on the deets as they come!!

Night, y'all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment